Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stone Fox Review

Stone FoxStone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had to read this book for school, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.



Stone Fox is a sad story, but that doesn't mean it's not a good one.



The basic plot of the story is Willy's grandpa has gotten sick. Willy doesn't know why, and he needs to find a way to cure him. Willy really enjoys sled racing and has one dog named Searchlight.



Searchlight is a very faithful and loyal dog, and always has Willy's back.



Over all, I'd recomend this to anyone, but I do warn you, it's very sad.



I bawled at the end.





View all my reviews

4 comments:

ali cross said...

Great review, Xan! I think it's cool how even books you have to read for school, ones you might not pick up yourself from the bookstore or library, can still be awesome books.

Anita said...

Nice review! You have a firm handle on the material and let the reader know exactly what to expect!

Lydia Kang said...

I like books that make me bawl. Great review, and nice to meet you!

Deirdra A. Eden said...

You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

I invite you to follow me, if you haven’t already done so, since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
Take care:-)

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

P.S.

Since you are an avid reader I was wondering if I could interview you and get your insights into the books you enjoy.



Let me know if you are interested in being interviewed and I will send over the questions you can fill out at your leisure. My email address is Guidedhope (at)gmail(dot)com.